Reflections on happiness by Drew Dunn Respect

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Now i have come to therealization that true uncontrollable happiness and true honest love that u know wont hurt you is something that,
1 comes from with in yourself,
2 is something that takes exceptionally hard work,
3 that there is no such thing as a normal loving relationship or friendship whybecause everyone is different and so each persons relationship they have withme or any one for that matter will be different to the one they have withanyone else,
4 is a very special and rare thing.
Now people say happiness is a gift there wrong. Why well ladies and gents ifyou look at most people my age, (25 for anyone who didn’t no) you will see thatthe NORMAL, (No such thing by the way will explain why later) thing to do is tohave a nine till five or be unemployed and to go out drinking every Friday andget smash then laid and to generally course havoc at a night club were you arecrammed in to a space that fits 300 hundred people but there is 600 in thereand dance and get wasted. Now that’s if your single, if your spoken for itsexactly the same except you have kids and still cheat on the other half, andyou then go home and look after the kids and what not. Now personally I do noneof that and I personally think there is no such thing as normal, as I saidbefore.
WHY well ask your self this question. Why do you want to be normal? When normalis what is most common and why do you want to be common as muck? Now I havenever been normal and don’t want to be. Why because i am someone who thinks outthe box and is open minded and emotionally intelligent and socially intelligent.

Okay what is emotional intelligence?

Well its understanding that everything you do or say has an opposite and equalreaction and that your actions have consequences’. Now there is more to it inthat because it also includes the ability to be open minded and to havesympathy with others and to know when to try and help others over comedifficulties and how to over come them and also the ability to listen very well.It is also about being physiologically strong in that you can cope when your emotionallydown with out getting depression and being able to come back from being down. Why?Because life is a journey and it’s not about the fact your down its how you comebackfrom being down a lot stronger a person.

Now any one whoknows me will probably say I am very emotionally intelligent but I can’tlisten. Now you are spot on in the fact that I am emotionally intelligent butyou are also wrong in that I can listen and do so very well but because Isuffer from Dyspraxia and social nervousness I seem not to be able to.
But if youactually sat me down and had a proper conversation with me about your problemsand or what was bothering you, you would soon see I can listen and am ratheremotionally intelligent and can usually work through most emotionally chargedproblems. You will also realize that I amsocially intelligent and not as daft or stupid as I first can appear.

Now what issocial intelligence: well it is the ability to banter and the ability to communicatein a socially acceptable way. It is also knowing when to keep shtum and how tohandle your self and generally knowing your manners and your Ps and Qs. It’s alsonot being the one holding the nicked sweets when you all get caught by thesweet shop owner. Now that’s just an example but I think you can understandwhat I mean by this. Aka not being lead down the garden path in a bad way, I don’tmean when mates pull the wool over your eyes for a bit of banter.

Now why do I mentionthis? Well it’s all to do with understanding what I call the scales of life andhow they affect you.

What are thescales of life? Now then imagine an old fashioned par of scales and its set ofbuckets with a gray mist round them. Now in the left one you have happiness,love and sex and in the right one you have unhappiness illness and death.

Now when youare born these scales are perfectly balanced and in each one is fifty blocks.
Now all ofthese blocks are you actions and thoughts and speech and every time you think,say or do something these blocks move.

Now the threeareas they can move to are the unhappiness tub or the happiness tub or a thirdarea and I am going to call this the (I don’t give a w**K**S area).
Why well thisarea is the gray mist that appears around the scales I asked you to imagineearlier. Now please note everything you say, do, and think effects where theseblocks land.
Now any one whothinks out of the box and actually has an emotional intelligence and isswitched on and doesn’t have the attitude I am all right jack should in theorybecause its not always going to work because of such things as death,
Be able to controlwhere these boxes end up and how there outlook on life is.
This is why happinessis not a gift it all starts from with in.

Now most peoplewill think that the scales should be balanced well I will tell you this fornothing there shouldn’t be. In theory your blocks should all be in thehappiness bucket all of the time, and yes it is possible to live for ninetynine percent of the time with all the blocks in the happiness bucket.

How? Well firstoff what makes you happiest and once you have worked that out. Try working out how you can do that thing thatmakes you happy more often and then work towards it so that eventually you canbe living the dream but remember small steps one step at a time

Now thequestion I have is do u agree and or what’s your take on it, because I live bythese principles and am always trying to learn new stuff and better my self asa person aka be the best I can be and trying to help others do the same.

PS I did writethis but I will admit it took me four hours to get the English pretty muchperfect. Why well I never learnt how to in school do to having to concentrateso hard on the physical act of writing due to my dyspraxia

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I don't think the normal thing to do if your married with kids is to cheat on the other half fella.

You need to hang out with different people if that's the general impression you're getting.

Just be yourself.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Life is a roller coaster Drew, you take the good times with the bad, the rough with the smooth, it makes you a better person at the end of the day.

Being the best you can be is a great way of looking at life, it's not always easy to do that though, not for me anyway, I'm chronically apathetic and far too laid back for my own good :)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Life is a roller coaster Drew, you take the good times with the bad, the rough with the smooth, it makes you a better person at the end of the day.

Being the best you can be is a great way of looking at life, it's not always easy to do that though, not for me anyway, I'm chronically apathetic and far too laid back for my own good :)

what does apathetic mean

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
...and always...
Wear...
Sunscreen.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KdQbb3FXSEI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKdQ bb3FXSEI

[video=youtube;KdQbb3FXSEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQbb3FXSEI&sns=em[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE