Redwood Harvest

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Check this out - Tough work back then.........................

[video=youtube;qb_YNZn_kaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_YNZn_kaQ[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I love old videos like that. Tough, tough men. Very dangerous work. I think they would laugh today to see us chopping trees that would seem like twigs compared to those monsters.;)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very interesting video but I watched it with a heavy heart seeing such magnificent trees being felled for lumber :(

Yes indeed, in many ways it'd make you want to cry....................But we live on the back of such rapacious use of resources without thought of the consequences; but the resourcefulness and skill of the men who actually did it..........Just wow!!!

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Enjoyed watching that, particularly the bit showing the topping out, Apart from extremely hard work that topping out is incredibly dangerous. They would laugh their socks off and be amazed that people go to gyms and leisure centres today to keep fit. I love those old films, thanks for posting.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Very interesting video but I watched it with a heavy heart seeing such magnificent trees being felled for lumber :(

Yup I've got a feeling that they would have stripped an area bare to get the most use from it. A brilliant wood though, beats the pants off most. Did you see how they seasoned it? post cutting they stack it flat with air inbetween, and weigh on top. Thanks for posting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE