Red's Restored Cauldron

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:eek:

The sound you can hear is the scraping of a wooden spoon removing chilli from an iron pot :lmao:

Thanks mate - BB will be a happy pixie indeed

Still gonna use it though ;)

Red

(For anyone else the pic is just like mine but a tad more pitted - described as 17th / 18th century - although we know its 18th thanks to weaver and Tadpole - £225 :tapedshut )

T

topknot jr

thats a stunning job there red, nice meeting you two day:d

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You too fellah!

You are easy to pick out with that glorious leather work slung over your back and the metal round your neck.

Hope to see you again one day with time round the fire

Red

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Nice job Red.

My parents used to have an open fire before they got their wood burning stove, we used to cook on it a lot, it really was the hub of the house.
Big pot of stew or soup used to slow cook all day and we would roast potatoes in it and and make toasted sandwiches on it.
It was our holiday home and it was all very basic, a real step back in time when we stayed there.
As they fixed the house up, the fire was replaced with a wood burner, we got oil fired heating / double glazing and the whole thing became modernised it really lost the character and the fire was no longer the hub that it had been.

This fellow used to kip in the pot when it was to one side of the fire.
It was hot enough that i couldn't touch it but he used to be quite happy being slow roasted in it.

402_0236_1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE