Redfield Riflesope on ebay

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
What have you been using the scope with if it is too low? I have a 4 x 32 but to tell the truth I'm not sure what all the numbers mean. Any tips? How does yours have 3 numbers when most have ? x ?

Thanks and hope this isn't too daft

Bill

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I do a bit of long range crow sniping using a Tikka T3 in .223 rem, for that even on 9x mag I find it a bit too vague. Just my preference.
There are three numbers because it has variable magnification. So 3 is the lowest mag, 9 is the highest and 40 refers to the objective lens size. (I think!)

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
How much would you be willing to part with it for?
I have a usless scope and i need upgrading!

Cheers,

Jake

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Lurch

Jelous of your Tikka T3. I've seen them advertised and they look great. I'm in the process of applying for a shotgun Cert so I will have to wait a bit before I go for an FAC as well.

Bill

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
The T3 is a super rifle and in my humble a chuffin bargain. Lovely trigger (adjustable) no creep at all. I have the synthetic stock (I prefer the all black look!) and a moderator - lovely shooting.
You wouldn't necessarily have to wait for a FAC, talk to your FLO when you get your visit.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
What I mean is there is no particular reason why you need a SGC in order to get a FAC, if you are getting a SGC anyhoo you could get a coterminous FAC for example.
That said I had my SGC for about 8 years before I ever went for a FAC!

In case anyone was wondering SGC= shotgun certificate and FAC = firearms certificate

leon-1

Lurch said:
I do a bit of long range crow sniping using a Tikka T3 in .223 rem, for that even on 9x mag I find it a bit too vague. Just my preference.
There are three numbers because it has variable magnification. So 3 is the lowest mag, 9 is the highest and 40 refers to the objective lens size. (I think!)

What sort of range are you shooting at, or are you looking at doing a bit of varminting and getting one of the really Gucci scopes with Parallax and all.
Don't you find .223 rem a little excessive for shooting crows?

Can't justify buying a redfield scope for an air rifle, even if it is a very good air rifle.
Once I have my own home I would think about an FAC, but till then I will have to make do with the trusty old air rifle (Air Arms Pro-Sport) and the Bushnell trophy scope that I have. :)

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
Out to 300yds, beyond that is beyond my shooting! The replacement is a Bushnell Dusk to Dawn 6.5 to 20 summat or other with mil-dot and yes it has adjustable objective. I'd love to get a Leupold or similar, but a bit beyond my reach at the minute.
When shooting vermin, there is no such thing as overkill! I also use shotgun and .22lr for crow duty, the centrefire is just another dimension plus gives me the option for foxing if required.

leon-1

Lurch said:
I'd love to get a Leupold or similar, but a bit beyond my reach at the minute.

The Leupold Vari X are very good and if you get a chance also have a look at the Schmidt & Bender scopes, when they do come into your reach. The coated lenses on the Schmidt & Bender have some of the best light passage that I have ever come across on a riflescope, so for dawn and dusk shoots they are very good. :biggthump

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
If you're talking expensive, I think Swarsoski beat S&B hands down.
I've used both and have a Swarsoski on my .308
The optical quality is far better.

The problem is the price, it cost more than the rifle (Sako 75) and moderator combined. But then I'm not expecting to buy a replacement for many years, if ever ...

I think it was worth it. :super:

Cheers

Mark

leon-1

Buckshot said:
If you're talking expensive, I think Swarsoski beat S&B hands down.
I've used both and have a Swarsoski on my .308
The optical quality is far better.

The problem is the price, it cost more than the rifle (Sako 75) and moderator combined. But then I'm not expecting to buy a replacement for many years, if ever ...

I think it was worth it. :super:

Cheers

Mark

Never used one of thier rifle scopes, have used a spotting scope and one of the largest sets of bino's that I have ever come across, they were good :biggthump

How much does one click on a tower equate to @ 100 meters.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
leon-1 said:
How much does one click on a tower equate to @ 100 meters.

Depends on the scope I think, mines 1 cm per click. I'm sure they go smaller for the target/ tactical scopes.

I think they do do a lifetime gaurantee yes.

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE