Red first head torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

Apologies if covered before but I'm trying to find a cheap ish head torch that has red light first? Red and white is fine,don't need colours of the rainbow and normal batteries if possible

Thanks

Buster

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Alpkit gamma has a red light on the battery pack, if you are after something to check maps by at night.

Apart from that, maybe a poundland bike rear light on a strap would work.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi , Not sure if you will find one to be honest , maybe better off to just get a cheap 'white' 1st one headtorch and apply a colour / filter to the lens , so you at least get what you want.

EddieP

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
Liverpool
Petzl do them with flip down filters. (Or used to anyway). Failing that, you can get filters and have permanent red.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
Anyone tried the decathalon rechargeable one? Looks v lightweight and can be unclipped and attached to clothing etc.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

I saw the 4 led energizer one with 4 off in tesco down to £8, reviews seem to suggest red light first.

I'll let you know

Buster

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Wrapper off a Babybel cheese with a bit of duct tape converts any torch.
Plus you get a tasty snack and don't forget to save the wax it's useful as well:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE