Recycled PC Stove Build & Hot Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
A brilliant set up there Rich , and what a cracking spot ti camp , did you have cosy night wi yer new stove ,, great job m8 ...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A brilliant set up there Rich , and what a cracking spot ti camp , did you have cosy night wi yer new stove ,, great job m8 ...

Cheers buddy, I'm really pleased with how it's worked out, Ian did a great job on the tent and the stove seems to be holding up okay.

Nights were cosy but still cold in the morning, the stove soon warmed the tent up after lighting though

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just ordered a new pipe kit from Four Dog so I can fit all the pieces inside the stove.

Got a week on Loch Shiel coming up so I'm taking the hot tent along I think, hoping for some chilly nights and maybe some snow :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Shewie, I dont know if this has already been posted. How much does the tent weigh? Thanks.
Oh, and where do you get a NATO 5 season CCF pad?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Shewie, I dont know if this has already been posted. How much does the tent weigh? Thanks.
Oh, and where do you get a NATO 5 season CCF pad?

Not too sure on the weight, I've never bothered to check. I'm up in the loft tomorrow so I'll take the scales up and weigh it, finger in the air job I'd say around 9-10kg

I bought the NATO pad on ebay about 6 years ago but this looks like the same one

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Not too sure on the weight, I've never bothered to check. I'm up in the loft tomorrow so I'll take the scales up and weigh it, finger in the air job I'd say around 9-10kg

Great cheers, just after a rough approximation. Pretty good weight then.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Finally got round to weighing the tent and stove Dave

Tent = 7.7kg + 850g in poles
Stove = 5.6kg + flue pipe (got a new set on the way from Four Dog so I'll weigh it again when it turns up)

Not bad all in, the tent packs down to a fairly flat parcel of 15x50x70cm roughly, a decent size to drop in the top of my canoe pack.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sounds very manageable.

Found a little 5 minute vid, of a fourdog winter bushcraft course to wet the appetite. :)

[video=vimeo;62231021]http://vimeo.com/62231021[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE