Recycle challenge.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cletus

Sep 9, 2010
leeds
After a few beers i was asked by a few mates if i could turn various bits of old metal into some bushcraft stuff, may have got a bit silly with the pointy bit on the tomahawk, but my mates were very suprised with the outcome of my challenge.
To sort 061.jpgTo sort 062.jpgTo sort 063.jpgTo sort 064.jpgTo sort 044.jpgTo sort 059.jpg

cletus

Sep 9, 2010
leeds
knifes 034.jpgHello Scott.
These are the materials i used, except for the tomahawk which was a ball peen hammer. The small cooking knife was the rebar which i forged, the rest were stock removal method, the parang being an old leaf spring and the leather handled knife was a file...

Thanks for the comments!!
Paul.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I take it you've got a mechanical hammer and a proper anvil/forge for this? Great looking work, I need to get cracking on my planned knives...

cletus

Sep 9, 2010
leeds
Hi spandit got a homemade forge and a proper anvil but the hammer is a cutdown 7lb sledge hammer mate.

cletus

Sep 9, 2010
leeds
ipad 091.jpg
After using the large bushknife i made (and my mate now owns) i thought i want one now!!!
I made this from a leaf spring...
Sheath is a bit ropey but it does the job!!!!

Comments always welcome..

Paul

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Wow, that Parang and stacked leather handled knife are gorgeous! Some stunning skills you have there, I bet the next few rounds are on you when you're next at the pub!

stafass

Mar 20, 2012
Planet Earth
Hi Cletus, i wonder if you could make up and share with us with your brilliant parang sketch? I would like to make one myself too. At least to try to :) Thank you!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE