Recommendations For (wood) Carving Blanks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

Does anyone else here source wood carving blanks from UK suppliers. I'm looking for someone with a good mix of species ideally. Especially birch, alder, sycamore and basswood/lime and in different sizes.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Diolch!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Hey.. What sizes, dimensions are you in need of? I guess I should rather ask what you're intending to carve?
I have a few bits and bobs lying around in my woodstores. Very seasoned though, so they will be a little tougher to shape by handtools than fresh green.
I've a fair bit of spalted monkey puzzle, and some spalted birch. The birch I will have to take a closer look at, as I've been away from carving for nearly 2 years since my son was born. Would need to make sure its still intact.
I walk past my stores everyday, promising myself I will grab a blank and start something, or continue a part done one... One day, one day.
I'm in the swansea area, so you're welcome to collect next time you're this way, if that's convenient.
Free of charge of course :)

Reactions: Onelifeoverland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE