Recommendations for a beginners guide leathercraft book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
I'm looking at learning a new craft this year leather craft caught my eye. Anybody have any recommendations for a leather craft book. Any help would be great thank you.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I used Youtube mostly when learning leather craft. There are lots of good videos on there for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I'm looking at learning a new craft this year leather craft caught my eye. Anybody have any recommendations for a leather craft book. Any help would be great thank you.

if you drop me a pm with your email address I have a few books in pdf I can send you, they are good old books which will give you a good start

Tipi

Jun 14, 2006
Wondering Wizard, UK
i recommend you tube. much better to see someone do it.
my favorites are:

Ian atkinson - sheathes and pouhes
Armitage leather - has build along patterns you can buy, but the instructions on the video are very comprehensive - belts, bags and gentleman's apparel
harry rodgers - has some leather but also other traditional crafts

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Any of the above books and there's loads of info on the internet but it's not always correct.

A good book for learning to sew is " The art of hand sewing leather by Al Stohlman" very detailed and explains various methods.

Rich

Mollegabet

Feb 5, 2017
Kingston upon Thames
I have just started working with leather.
I found the book - The Leatherworking Handbook by Valerie Michael interesting and informative. This concentrates on projects when using thick leather.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE