Recommendations for a beginners guide leathercraft book

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
538
0
UK
I'm looking at learning a new craft this year leather craft caught my eye. Anybody have any recommendations for a leather craft book. Any help would be great thank you.
 
I used Youtube mostly when learning leather craft. There are lots of good videos on there for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm looking at learning a new craft this year leather craft caught my eye. Anybody have any recommendations for a leather craft book. Any help would be great thank you.

if you drop me a pm with your email address I have a few books in pdf I can send you, they are good old books which will give you a good start
 
i recommend you tube. much better to see someone do it.
my favorites are:

Ian atkinson - sheathes and pouhes
Armitage leather - has build along patterns you can buy, but the instructions on the video are very comprehensive - belts, bags and gentleman's apparel
harry rodgers - has some leather but also other traditional crafts
 
Any of the above books and there's loads of info on the internet but it's not always correct.

A good book for learning to sew is " The art of hand sewing leather by Al Stohlman" very detailed and explains various methods.

Rich
 
I have just started working with leather.
I found the book - The Leatherworking Handbook by Valerie Michael interesting and informative. This concentrates on projects when using thick leather.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE