Recommend me some gaiters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I use Outdoor Research Crocodiles with my boots, or OR Salamanders with my trail shoes if I'm hacking through heather and bog.

They're both going well after a numbers of years and if either were to fail I'd be happy to replace with the same.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've got a pair of Barbour wax cotton ones that have lasted for years, would definitely recommend them.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've got a pair of Blacks own make which i got in i think 1980, very tough, i still wear them, not very breathable though.

Check out aldis, they all so have them in.

Rob

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
I used to have a pair of Outdoor Research Bugout gaitors that I liked really well. However, when they wore out I got the Equinox Mountain gaitors and I like them even more than the OR gaitors. The nice feature of the Equinox that differs from many of the other manufacturers, is the replaceable strap that runs under your foot. When the cord wears out, you just replace it with more shock cord or para cord, and you're back in business.
http://www.equinoxltd.com/the-gear/gaiters/mountain-gaiter.cfm

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Another vote for OR Crocodiles, without a doubt the best gaiters available. No zip, step in design, high quality, various sizes, not stupidly expensive, what's not to like?

I am on my second pair in about 15 years of hard use including beating and ice climbing, the first pair are still in occasional by my girlfriend. I wore mine for two weeks hind stalking earlier in the winter and two of the other stalkers were very keen to get a pair, they were very Impressed and this is from guys that work in the Highlands 52 weeks of the year and know a thing or two about kit.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Another vote for OR Crocodiles, without a doubt the best gaiters available. No zip, step in design, high quality, various sizes, not stupidly expensive, what's not to like?

I am on my second pair in about 15 years of hard use including beating and ice climbing, the first pair are still in occasional by my girlfriend. I wore mine for two weeks hind stalking earlier in the winter and two of the other stalkers were very keen to get a pair, they were very Impressed and this is from guys that work in the Highlands 52 weeks of the year and know a thing or two about kit.

Use mine all the time these days. Never know when I'm going to be trudging through mud, or tall wet grass... and the tics are still very active as well (gaiters help keep them out of your pant legs)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE