Recommend me a two good knives.

Bladeophile

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
Basingstoke UK
condor hudson bay knife - all round largish chopper with frontier feel. Hi carbon. I want!!!
Just received - Buck 119 fixed blade, Very capable all rounder. Stunning blade for the price.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
condor hudson bay knife - all round largish chopper with frontier feel. Hi carbon. I want!!!
Just received - Buck 119 fixed blade, Very capable all rounder. Stunning blade for the price.

+1 on the Buck. Had a Buck 119 (Buck Special) for years. Great knife!

Bladeophile

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
Basingstoke UK
Well as an inexpensive corrosion resistant folder - an INOX No8 Opinel is hard to beat in my view. If it's all about the blade my carbon version consistently out performs many of my other folders. And they can be bought in many funky designs and colors these days.
Also check out this blade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2FeeeiaUs from blind horse knives. Might take a bit more saving but I think you would be pleased with this blade even though the length is over what you described.

Hagrid

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2013
North Devon
if it was me i'd buy a lock knife-anything similar to a Buck knife, you can get some decent unbranded ones fairly cheap-and a machete for heavy work.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Fixed: If you dont mind having a go yourself, you could handle an enzo trapper in O-1 tool steel for your budjet. They are a great full-tang knife for the money. Failing that, a carbon Mora all the way.

Folder: For a locker a Buck 110 or Spyderco tenacious. For a legal every day carry a Spyderco UKPK or an alox SAK cadet, soldier, farmer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE