Recommend me a catapult

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sadly not so easy in woodland areas though Stu, especially when trying to hit those American tree rats.

well, that's the last place I was practicing, in the woods... at the last Suffolk meet... ok I was shooting targets then...but hey they still shone out :), ok perhaps not shooting the odd one here and there as you walk....

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I bought a pinky poacher on ebay made by " gamekeeper John " it was made out of birch multiplex with double theta and golds and perfect pocket sized. It is also surprisingly accurate and I could shoot it decently out of the box and believe me I'm no marksman.

Thanks for the info about the nuts I have been buying steel ball bearings for catapults at £10 for 50 !

ibeef

Forager
Jun 3, 2013
Swadlincote
I have two Dankung catapults, both are really good and accurate, well made from stainless steel! Fairly powerful with 2050 tubing as well. The service is great as well, the last one i ordered from china actually came before a band set i ordered from Birmingham!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a black widow and diablo, had them for over 20 years, plenty powerful and as accurate us you can get. The black widow is about as big as you would want to get if you are to carry in you pocket and the arm rest is a bit awkard if wearing a thick coat.

Sep 7, 2013
Hampshire, UK
As a 'pads-prat' living in Cyprus the locals taught us just to used a single length of square band and pocket/pouch.

About 1.5-2m long, folded in the middle with the ends tied to the pouch. Grip the pouch in one hand and wrap any slack band around your first two fingers of the other hand, pull back and let go. So simple and very effective. As there's no handle you just wind it up and stuff it in your pocket.

The busy end looked like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Catapult-...ng_ShootingSports_ET&var=&hash=item33854aa036

Cheers

Stew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE