Recent work.... some new stuff

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi guys.

I've not posted any work up for a while, and i've been making some different things than the norm lately so i thought i would share. Not all bushcrafty though. :)

This first one... A damascus Fairbairn Sykes, was quite a challenge, having never done a double edged blade before, and the way i grind, with the blade in my hand the whole time made it a little bit scary!! The chap wanted his initials etching on the blade, so i decided to set a silver plate into the steel as i thought the etching wouldn't show up too well with the etched damascus.

The second one was for the same chap, Had to filework the spine on this one. I've only ever attempted filework once before, and it didn't turn out great. :)

Hope you like them :)

(pic heavy)

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Great work. Love lines of the 5th one especially looks like it would be a very practical knife and still very nice looking

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks guys :)

Great work. Love lines of the 5th one especially looks like it would be a very practical knife and still very nice looking

Mick... that was a commission...the chap wanted one based on the Clipper but with a spear point, instead of a drop point. :)

They are all really beautiful... all very different but all have a very pleasing aesthetic.

Wiseman

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2014
Leeds
Lovely stuff but... Jesus, what's he going to use that top one for?! (having said I've got an SAS knife similar to that from when I was about 13...)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good to see you've been creative and productive :D
Those are beautiful knives Mark :approve: Going to be some very happy people about :cool:

atb,
M

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks Mary :)

This year has been a struggle since i got Diabetes, every day is a lottery as to whether i'll be poorly or not. Some days i can't function, some days i can. Things are taking much longer to do than they did before. Those top two knives took me over 2 weeks to make, i only anticipated them taking a week. :(

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Great stuff as usual there mark

Sorry to hear you're struggling with the diabetes though dude, thought you'd be the type to manage it perfectly tbh

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers mate :)

I manage it ok.... i just wake up high. Levels are normally ok during the day.... have Lantus at night. levels are fine.... wake up high everyday. Somedays its only around 13... this morning was 19, i've had it at 31 before for no reason.... keep having to go into hospital because of it. Docs think i might be type 1.5...... both insulin resistant, and dependant.

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
ooof, i remember what 31 feels like . I have levermir at night, never tried anything else but it seems to work for me

Not sleep eating by any chance are you :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE