Recent work, another new one.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi Guys.

Just thought i'd show some work i have finished recently...

Croc...
Eagle,
SPB1,
New Utility design that i haven't got a name for yet...... suggestions?

I've been playing about trying to take better pics too. you'll see the difference in the Croc and new design pics.... i hope :D

Hope you like!! :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice work as usual, Mark, and the photos are crystal clear; only thing wrong with them is they don't show the baby Eagle with a Walnut handle, that's the one we (oh all right then, I) want to see :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Haha. I'll get one made up Mac. The pics are better, in part, because photo bucket have increased my storage so i don't have to use a crappy re sizer which makes them a bit grainy... got a new camera a month or two back which helps too :) I was trying different angles and other objects in the pic to help the sensor pick up colours better.

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
Things of beauty what about Rhino for the utility knife it looks slightly bigger in the blade than the rest.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Just thought i'd show some work i have finished recently...

Croc...
Eagle,
SPB1,
New Utility design that i haven't got a name for yet...... suggestions?

Nice knives Mark. Like the idea of Rhino as a name. Have you thought about themes? So one range could be named after birds (of prey) - hawk, falcon, osprey. Another range of land animals - lion, Lynx, tiger (stripes handle), leopard (burred handle). Or maybe just animals in general - elk, moose, muntjac or red deer, the ox, buffalo etc. You could link then to their jobs, general working knife or, all rounder, chopping knives could be a beaver-(eats through wood). Just a thought.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice knives Mark. Like the idea of Rhino as a name. Have you thought about themes? So one range could be named after birds (of prey) - hawk, falcon, osprey. Another range of land animals - lion, Lynx, tiger (stripes handle), leopard (burred handle). Or maybe just animals in general - elk, moose, muntjac or red deer, the ox, buffalo etc. You could link then to their jobs, general working knife or, all rounder, chopping knives could be a badger -(eats through wood). Just a thought.

I'm still figuring out names and such... i have so many knives drawn up in my head that i want to make that I'm at a loss. I initially started just using abbreviations, SPB (spear point, bushcraft)... DPB, (Drop point, bushcraft) PNK (pocket, neck knife) but then thought it got a bit boring, so switched to stuff... the Eagle as a few people said the blade shape looked like an eagle... croc for similar reasons, but also as it was a survival type knife, Croc suited it as they've survived practically unchanged for millions of years etc..

The new design is looking good.

Cheers mate, Its a little more of a brute than my others... i prefer finesse... but must cater to all tastes :)

OO now that new one is a pretty thing!

Cheers mate :)

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
I'm still figuring out names and such... i have so many knives drawn up in my head that i want to make that I'm at a loss. I initially started just using abbreviations, SPB (spear point, bushcraft)... DPB, (Drop point, bushcraft) PNK (pocket, neck knife) but then thought it got a bit boring, so switched to stuff... the Eagle as a few people said the blade shape looked like an eagle... croc for similar reasons, but also as it was a survival type knife, Croc suited it as they've survived practically unchanged for millions of years etc..

Cheers mate, Its a little more of a brute than my others... i prefer finesse... but must cater to all tastes :)

Cheers mate :)

That's kind of what I was thinking too, getting the name from the look of the knife, or what it's task might be. Every time you bring out a new model, you could always do a poll on here and the best name gets the original as a prize. You'd have people practically fighting over them.😎

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE