recent makings

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Here are some more bits that I made recently
The knife is a carbon Jonsson Mora 4", patinated and fitted into an antler, leather, buffalo horn and Brass handle in a 4mm veg tan, wet moulded, double dangler (antler ring)sheath with an antler handled firesteel in the loop.
The pouch (overstuffed in this photo!) is made from soft leather and has twin belt loops and an antler closure.
The shoulder bag is from double thickness tent canvas with a "marbled" dyed finish, antler buckle, closure and game ring (one of the projects in my DIY book - and it goes with my blanket Hoodie!)
Oct28764.jpg

Sep04510.jpg

Oct28763.jpg

Thanks for looking.
If Mods want it moved due to the knife content - feel free!
John

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
Hi john, great looking bags.:You_Rock_
I bought one of your dragons breath kits and this has inspired me to produce some pouches/ bags of my own.
have you any advice for a novice

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Andy:D Buy my book - full instructions are in there!:cool:
I will try to do some close ups, but the rings are slices of antler with the inner pulpy bits drilled out - simple realy.

Diligence

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
Calgary, Canada
thanks John - no need to post photos then...are they fairly robust?....I've seen some antler split when cut short and dried...did you treat them with oil or something.

Great looking stick tang too.

D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
thanks John - no need to post photos then...are they fairly robust?....I've seen some antler split when cut short and dried...did you treat them with oil or something.

Great looking stick tang too.

D

The Antler was well matured and very dry, but for the buttons I stabilized the porous bit in the middle with "Super Glue" (Crazy Glue on your side of the pond I think) to reinforce it. The rings have been oiled with teak oil - but this is mainly for looks not function.
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE