Recent Carvings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
A couple of scoops and a morrocan style eating spoon. Birch bowl with a bark inclusion that had me cursing.

barkinclusionbowl.jpg

twoscoopsandaspoon2.jpg

twoscoopsandaspoon1.jpg

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net
Nice work Nic.

I was discussing your knives with Robin Fawcett the other day and he mentioned some scorps you are doing, which I'd imagine would be ideal for something like the birch bowl. I couldn't find them on your website.

Colin

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Thanks for the kind comments, the bowl and the spoons were actually done with Twca cams- large spoon knives, a constant curve one for the channels in the bowl and the round soup spoon, for the ladles I used a different version with a varying curve.

Chris- I make the scorps for a friend, Lee Stoffer who puts handles on before selling them, I'll dig out his contact details and PM them to you.

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
That bowl turned out nicely, inclusion and all.

The spoons look very useful, especially the larger ones. I have a spoon very similar in shape to your Moroccon one made from ebony that I bought years ago. I always assumed it was African in origin.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Thanks Mike, took a bit of washing to get the dirt from my hands out of the grain.
I think designs have been mixed up all round the world for a long time. I have a slightly different design of spoon from Marrakesh that seems identical to some antique spoons that a local customer has had in the family for generations. Have also seem some spoons bought 20 years ago in LA from a Mexican carver that have a very distinct scandinavian style.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE