Realisation of a boyhood ambition

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
When I was about 11, I was shown a monkey's fist knot but since failing beforehand, haven't attempted it since (I'm in my 30's now). With the safe arrival of my GIOT paracord this morning, thought I'd give it a bash:

f3326f43.jpg

Used a double overhand knot as the stuffing so no loose ends

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I think I used another tutorial but that one is pretty good. Tied it on my fingers. The advantages of using a stopper knot as the stuffing is that the length becomes less important as you tighten any slack out, plus you aren't left with a loose end to hide

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Well done, I've done the commercial spec version a number of times; nuts and bolts in the centre to give it a bit of mass and dip it in paint to 'seal' it off. It should crack a windscreen at 20m (well they shouldn't have parked so close to the ship :D).

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Well done, I've done the commercial spec version a number of times; nuts and bolts in the centre to give it a bit of mass and dip it in paint to 'seal' it off. It should crack a windscreen at 20m (well they shouldn't have parked so close to the ship :D).

'Loading' and/or painting monkey's fists for heaving line use is sharp and unnecessary practice. Tuggies, boatmen & longshoremen routinely cut them off, and quite rightly too. If some unfortunate person happens to get in the way of one of your 'windscreen crackers', your arus will be out the window PDQ.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE