re-proofing kit.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i was leafing through my copy of trail magazine today and came across an article on re-proofing waterproof clothing.
they had taken a pile of re-proffing agents and run a test on their ability.
as a "wild card" they had included a bottle of comfort fabric conditioner.
guess what?
in the initial reppelency tests it scored as highly as any of the best re-proofing agents.
it only fell behind after being subjected to abrasion testing (although it was better than some)

the full article is in the may edition of trail magazine and could be worth a read.

thought i'd share. :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yesss, :D vindicated.....been using the stuff for years for showerproofing outdoor clothing, especially wool and the like.
I'd love a link to it too, please. The issue number/ date would do.

Cheers,
Toddy

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I saw that article in Trail, very surprised to find such an honest review. They pulled no punches despite the proofing manufacturers being advertisers with the magazine.
Managed to slip a big bottle of Comfort into the shopping trolley last week too!

Dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've been playing around with this idea.....bog myrtle, lavender, melissa, citronella, neem are all in some way midgie repellant.....how about a bushcraft fabric conditioner? I used the ecover unscented, hypoallergenic one and boiled up the bog myrtle and mixed the liquor with the fabric conditioner. Smells okay and I've washed it into some woollen cloth intended for a new cloak.....we'll see :D

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE