Razor Clams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Took the sprogs out clam hunting this morning. Quick vid below please have a butchers as im trying to enthuse the kids into being more outdoors.

[video=youtube;ObukxcLz7l0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObukxcLz7l0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Looks like a good catch, i like to fry mine in some butter, garlic and parsley with a bit of wine at the satrt.

Tonyuk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I like shellfish. My kind of documentary video. Thanks.
I would never want to go home except to cook them up according to TonyUK's plan.
No harm in teaching kids to be hunters. They take pride in sharing the catch or kill.

My variant is to saute' green & red pepper slices and onion in butter, S&P.
Toss in all the shell fish, add a big glug of cheap white wine, lid on, and steam for 5+ mins.
Need some fancy bready thing and soft butter.

I need a change for the next sack of mussels.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Cheers for the comments kids love it and I'll try anything to get them away from the screen. That's why I started the channel, they think they're becoming YouTube stars when in reality they are camping with their dad.

, I normally fry off some garlic (wild if I've had the chance) onion/shallots in butter. Whack a drop of perry in there then steam off the clams. Either remove clams and thicken up with cream fry up some samphire in butter and serve up some tagliatelle.

If out in the hammock scrap the cream replace perry with cider and mix in with sliced spuds fried in butter.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Your video reminds me of clam digging on the Vancouver BC coast with my Grandpa (I'm maybe 10?)
On a perfect day, we would go fishing for salmon while we waited for the tide to go off the flats.
Whole dang place is now a rat-bag ship yard.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Nice. You're lucky with your sand there, where I get mine the holes collapse almost immediately so you can't tip dry salt in, I have to use a sports bottle with saturated salt solution and pump it in to the hole as soon as it appears. They are are very nice just grilled on a driftwood fire.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good stuff mate, great to see the boys enjoying catching their food.:)

Now, did they actually eat them? I grew up on cockles from the sand, mussels and winkles from the rock pools, it's very much part of my childhood. Time before last I had mussels I thought I must have got a bad one in the batch. It was a long time before I tried them again. Same happened, bathroom campout. I've developed an allergy I think, I'm not testing the theory again, I'll have to live without. :(

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Cheers again lads, all eaten the nippers love them. Can't get a carrot down their heads but any sort of game, or foraging we come back with they smash them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE