Ray Mears Wilderness Axe Arrival & Some Wet-formed Cases & Chris Caine News

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi....Mr Postman just delivered the latest addition to my G.B. Axe collection and on first glances it looks just as lovely as I'd expect it to....and feels great also....I'll be trying to get out to the woods in the next couple of days to give it a bit of use....and once again superfast delivery and processing by Woodlore!

First things first though....I'll be getting a sheath template drawn up a.s.a.p. so watch this space.

Also been working on a batch of iphone4 and silva expedition4 compass cases for the Bushcraft Show....wet-formed and with belt loops on the back...the compass cases have a cut away section under the flap allowing for quick-view negating the need to withdraw the compass from the case each time.

And I've finalised the template for the Chris Caine Survival Knife sheath and the first ten I make will be numbered. The very first one is going to Sir Tom Linden of The UK Preppers Radio Network (and only his will have his initials on it!), a true gent who I've got to know a little recently and who has supported Chris and myself and is well known on the Bushcraft circuit...

And whilst I'm here, here's a video you may like to see:

[video=youtube;-3HYyADIUAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3HYyADIUAM[/video]

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I do think Uncle Ray got it right with that axe - I'll be interested to hear your thoughts and see the completed mask :)

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I've used SteveA's Wilderness axe on a couple of occasions and the extra weight and length do add to the cutting power. I'm sure you'll be well pleased with it :)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...yup it does seem rather nice, didnt get a chance to go out today but i sadly admit i've picked it up lovingly more than once...hopefully tomorrow.

gotta admit i'm rather disappointed with myself recently what with this and my new set of chris caine tools too....i've always prided myself as being fairly removed from all this knife/axe silliness but yeah...i'm losing the battle lol!

i do yes john so long as it fits in with my strong and weird moral code....and yup steve i'm on it m8!....and cal the first finished one will be on here tomorrow...

regards,

s

Very nice work, do you do any other custom work?

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire

gotta admit i'm rather disappointed with myself recently what with this and my new set of chris caine tools too....i've always prided myself as being fairly removed from all this knife/axe silliness but yeah...i'm losing the battle lol!

s
Well.....it's a bit like old age.....nobody can avoid it however strong their willpower ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE