Ray Mears vs....Robson Green

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
Now my knowledge of fishing (and interest to be fair) can be written on the back of a postage stamp. Some may say my bushcraft knowledge as well ;)

But Robson Green's Extreme Fisherman in Borneo was very enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, Ray's bushcraft knowledge far exceeds Mr. Green's I'm sure, but there was something pleasantly different about Robson Green's programme (and it wasn't all about fishing).

I am enjoying Ray's new walking series, but they don't actually tell you the specific route (or have I missed that bit) which makes it a bit like his earlier series on wild Britain. Ray's new series just seems to be a bit 'samey' to his others, whereas Robson's felt a bit like the older bushcraft survival series that Ray used to do and many of us loved.

What do you all think?

K :)

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Mr Mears used to avocate 'the more you carry in your head, the less you need on your back'
Judging from the size of the pack he takes for a walk, he hasn't learnt much over 20 years.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I watch extreme fishing- good telly! He's a wimp sometimes and he doesn't half go childish when he looses a big'un- but he's a good egg and he's from my end too :D. I like Ray- he knows his stuff and he always seems a good bloke. I watch me both - ah the Beauty of sky+ :D.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE