Ray Mears Vanishing World

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myheadsashed

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2007
East Yorkshire
Does anybody know anything about this book? Or has it not yet been released. I was looking for the new Walkabout book and this came up on Amazon, I've never seen it before. can any of you all knowing folk shed some light.

TA

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I've got no idea. It comes up on Google books but I've assumed that there might
be books whose names and ISBN numbers are logged somewhere long before
the books are actually written or available.

If it's on Amazon it's looking pretty promising though :)

Best place to ask would be Woodlore but they might not want to spill any beans
yet of course.

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
I can't for the like of me remember where I heard this but I believe it's going to be a collection of his photos dealing with many of the cultures he's visited over the years.

Regards

Bob:)

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
i would try use the search function there was a post about this not so long ago

( i dont mean to sound cheeky btw)

webbie

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
will there be a tv series? I remember him saying on some interviews he was working on a project close to his heart.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
His stomach?

are you implying that the vanishing world is due to him eating parts of it :)

Oh deary dreary derry down day..............here we go again.............. Looked in the mirror recently guys? :)

I expect RM has taken some cracking photos over the years I think he's into his photography as some of his books say in the back the camera he used etc for which photos. I'll give it a shufty when it hits the shops I expect, and decide to buy it or not to buy it, after a good look through it :D

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I can't for the like of me remember where I heard this but I believe it's going to be a collection of his photos dealing with many of the cultures he's visited over the years.

Regards

It may be the thread i started in February, in the 'library and media' section of the forum!;)

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Good man! Wasn't trying to steal your thunder - honestly couldn't remember where I'd come across that info.:D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Oh deary dreary derry down day..............here we go again.............. Looked in the mirror recently guys? :)

I expect RM has taken some cracking photos over the years I think he's into his photography as some of his books say in the back the camera he used etc for which photos. I'll give it a shufty when it hits the shops I expect, and decide to buy it or not to buy it, after a good look through it :D

Just having a bit of fun! As you can see from this photo of Ray and myself, he's not that big a chap. I'm very slim so make him look chumkier than he really is. He was feeling very rough that night, and yet he still hung around to speak to everyone although I got the impression that he just wanted to get off to bed but he never said anything of the sort and was a true gent. he is definitely one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

DSCF0134.jpg

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
I was very disappointed when I had a look through in the shops. The format is too small to do justice to any pictures in my opinion.

Shame as I'm sure he has some spectacular pics.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That`s a shame I`ve got it on my wish list. I was hoping it was going to be in a large format like the hardback version of "Bushcraft"

ho hum

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE