Ray Mears survival handbook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I hope this is ok with the Mods but there are 3 copies of rays out of print original book on evilbay at the moment. I'm not allowed to post a link but search for ray mears on ebay.co.uk and you will find them. The reason I bring your attention to this is that one I watched recently sold for £22 yes £22 not £70 or some other stupid price that they have been going for lately. Keep an eye out and see if they go for a reasonable price.

It is widely regarded as his best book and long before tv rights had anything to do with the equation.

A classic if you are not lucky enough to have bought one when they were a normal book in wh smiths for a normal price :wink: like me.

Bill

B

bombadil

A friend introduced me to this book some years ago while he was at university, and it is still, in my opinion, one of the better ones.
I Don't remember when it went out of print, but it was a book that I managed to get through a book finding agency a few years back for about 15 quid....
Oddly enough it is currently lying open on my desk....
I would recommend any newbies to seek it out, and don't bother with some of the ones subsequently published to go as a companion to the TV series :dedhorse: ..........

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
It went out of print 5 or 10 years ago I think.

If you get it dave it is good but don't pay stupid money for it.

Bill

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
When was this handbook published?

I have one of his handbooks published in 1992. Is it the one?

Well this particular handbook I have is exactly in content, word for word the same as Ray's recent handbook, just the cover is different.

It is the one in which the chapters are the four seasons of the year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE