Ray Mears Knife in Stock!

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
if I could efford the rm knife, I would stick myself on the waiting list and get the one thats nearly £500, It wouldnt be my user as it would sit on the fire place for everyone to see.

as I havent won the lottery it looks like im stuck with my A Wright and Son knife, a real trusty friend that cost £120, same steel, same shape and same function, thats all im looking for.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
My name came up a few years ago and I respectfully declined my AW Woodlore opportunity. Just too much money for a knife. I have a few clones and perfectly content with them.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
It's a lot money for a knife with scales that shrink. Despite numerous complaints on this and the previous model they are still being churned out for the RM fans. They are a great knife, and the maker is let down by being asked to use scale material which is not suitable.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
First off mucho respect for using those knives, each to their own and all that but i really really hate to see any tool that was designed and built for work to just sit collecting dust.

I did specifically say regular use though, do you use them regularly?

Using a pretty knife regularly turns this

PFK by British Red, on Flickr

into this

PFK Now by British Red, on Flickr

Stu keeps offerin to make it all pretty again (for free)

I'll take him up on it one day :)

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Well that's showed me up for jumping to conclusions.

Sorry guys i was wrong to say no-one would use these knives, so i apologise

Gotta say though i am kinda happy i'm wrong in this case though, so goodjob for using these knives guys :You_Rock_

Brit Red,

Really really gorgeous knife that, i might be a bit insane but if i'm being honest i really do prefer it with that used patina

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE