Ration pack boiled sweets

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi all,
for some bizarre reason the middle son is mad to get hold of the packs of boiled sweets that you get in the current ration packs.

you can get them on eBay, but the ones we found were asking excessive postage and it occurred to me that you can probably buy them by the jar, if you know what the company that supplies them is called.

So does anyone know the civilian version/ name of them is ?

atb

Tom

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
the sweets are manufactured by chequer foods LTD, they also supply the same sweets for various selection boxes like the halloween sweet tubs you see in tesco,

Thought they were just the packaging people. Though I may well be wrong.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers folks pm sent where relevent.

Chequer Foods from their web site seams to be mainly packaging although they do some drinks related stuff them selves.

I'll have to make sure he burns all the energy off as my side tends to run to fat if not worked like a hos'. He was threatening to spend some of his Christmas money on surplus ration packs which I've explained have over twice the calories a 11 year old needs! Perhaps i should bury them deep out back and he can only eat the contents if he digs in , eats them squatting in the hole and fills it in afterwards! Sad to say he would probably go for it... roll on him discovering girls ;-{D)

ATB

Tom

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Cheers folks pm sent where relevent.

Chequer Foods from their web site seams to be mainly packaging although they do some drinks related stuff them selves.

I'll have to make sure he burns all the energy off as my side tends to run to fat if not worked like a hos'. He was threatening to spend some of his Christmas money on surplus ration packs which I've explained have over twice the calories a 11 year old needs! Perhaps i should bury them deep out back and he can only eat the contents if he digs in , eats them squatting in the hole and fills it in afterwards! Sad to say he would probably go for it... roll on him discovering girls ;-{D)

ATB

Tom

Yea definitely a bit much for a standard day to eat a whole ration pack! Perhaps he should enroll in CCF/ACF cadets then he would get them for free on exercise and do the exercise to burn it off! Plus it's great fun and he'd learn a lot.

Last edited:

brozier

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2012
leicestershire
I'm just scoffing some Lidl "Mac Iver" :lmao: Multivitamin sweets. They are 98% Carbs (of which 66% sugaring carbs)

So plenty of energy there and you get a handy Tin for Char cloth win-win! :D

Cheers
bryan

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I'm afraid the scouts got him at 6 with Beavers and he is working his way through, moved up to proper Scouts last year. eldest is about to move up to Adventures but the sloth like youngest deserted Beavers after a year as it wasn't for him.

Correction, it's explorers Jnr moves to next, don't know where I got adventures from?

Cheers!

Tom

Last edited:

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
I'm afraid the scouts got him at 6 with Beavers and he is working his way through, moved up to proper Scouts last year. eldest is about to move up to Adventures but the sloth like youngest deserted Beavers after a year as it wasn't for him.

Cheers!

Tom
Don't let that stop him! Started age 6 as a beaver, moved all the way through to explorers (formerly adventures but no for a few years now!) then became a Young Leader with my scout troop and now a proper leader, yet still did CCF at school from years 9 to 13 (could only start in year 13) and left to come to Uni as staff sergeant. I would thoroughly recommend both scouting and cadets, but fair enough we can only fit so much time in!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I would have sent you a load of packets ... but they all got given away as Halloween "Trick or Treat" fodder - I bet those kids had to be scraped off the ceilings! :)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Are these the ones
DSC_0138.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
150_150_1372727_m_4001952062272H.JPG

are found in Lidl/Aldi/B&M for 99p, might actually have 89p last tin I got, same type of sweets and the tins are handy when empty.

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
Slightly of track, well a lot of track. Boiled sweets had only once use when I was a naughty Rifleman and that was stuffing them down the hollow end of a thunderflash. Nothing like the smell of burnt sugar in the morning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE