rat packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
anyone know of a european source for norwegian rat packs? I've got some coming but from the states of all places.

the only source I have found they're 450kr each :yikes:

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
I would be interested in this, I swapped a load in Kosovo a few years back off some of the norwegian guys that were there. Not too keen on the sundries but the main meals were freeze dried and great for long trips, so long as you like fish!

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
well norway allways was expensive but I never managed to find their version of an army surplus shop and ebay hasn't really taken off their yet. I've managed to get three for 50 quid delivered but thats all the guy had. I might look out and see if I can get a sack full of mre's as I quite like some of the snacks but I'm not paying uk rates so germany is probably the best bet, also german rations are good as long as you like pate, plain chocolate and black tea.

I love freeze dried fruit though so was looking at importing a load of mountain house freeze dried meals from the states but I have found a place in sheffied where i can get half kilo's of dried peaches for 20 quid and berried fruit for 30 quid so that might be an option as they're fantastic. :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I love freeze dried fruit though so was looking at importing a load of mountain house freeze dried meals from the states but I have found a place in sheffied where i can get half kilo's of dried peaches for 20 quid and berried fruit for 30 quid so that might be an option as they're fantastic. :)

Wally's is the place in South Wales to get dried fruit, amongst a load of other good foodstuffs. :)

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
well norway allways was expensive but I never managed to find their version of an army surplus shop and ebay hasn't really taken off their yet. I've managed to get three for 50 quid delivered but thats all the guy had. I might look out and see if I can get a sack full of mre's as I quite like some of the snacks but I'm not paying uk rates so germany is probably the best bet, also german rations are good as long as you like pate, plain chocolate and black tea.

Dried stuff is so expensive, really annoying. But it is good stuff. Currently, I'm trying to candy strawberries after my first attempt with pineapple worked great. What I do is just slice the fruit, and put in a bowl of sugar. In a day, the whole bowl will be syrupy, but the fruit will be drier. If you leave it a week, the stuff will have dried hard. Plus, the left over sugar is great for energy.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

You should be able to get the MRE's from German sites cheaper than UK ones. I don't much like the MRE main meals, but I love the crackers and cake:confused: I've got some norgie rations coming over in August with a mate who is on a visit, look forward to trying them out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE