Ranger Shirt - Tucked in or Out?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i don't wear it, washed it, and it's shrunk, my large is now a medium :-?

but out when i did.

cheers, and.

miranda

Feb 8, 2004
My mother taught me to keep my shirt tucked in like a good girl! Keeps your kidneys warm!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Miz :lol:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
My mother taught me to keep my shirt tucked in like a good girl! Keeps your kidneys warm!!

I hope that she also makes you wear a vest, have clean nickers everyday and carry a hanky. :lol:

Is this shrinking a common problem?
I am just about to place an order for some Swanni kit and am now wondering if I should order a size bigger to allow for this. :-?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Do you use Nikwax Polar Proof or Cotton Proof?

Most of my kit is done with one or the other and it's a superb product. Polycotton repels light rain easily and dries extra quick after a treatment.

Good stuff Nikwax!

Tony said:
Mine hasn't shrunk. I wash it with Nikwax and then proof it with nikwax. No problems at all.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Cool! Thought I'd seen it somewhere. I remember the first time I used Polar Proof on my Mountain Hardware fleece ... thinking if that stuff that looked like white PVA I'd just thrown on top of it would actually wash out, let alone do anything. Needless to say, I was well impressed!

I always found this reproofing stuff easier to do when we used the washing powder tabs that went in the drum as the tray and other gubbins were all clean and ready for use :-D ... now it's a big clean up job before I begin ... :-(

Tony said:
Adi007 said:
Do you use Nikwax Polar Proof or Cotton Proof?

Most of my kit is done with one or the other and it's a superb product. Polycotton repels light rain easily and dries extra quick after a treatment.

Good stuff Nikwax!

Tony said:
Mine hasn't shrunk. I wash it with Nikwax and then proof it with nikwax. No problems at all.

Polar Proof, look here - http://www.bushcraftuk.co.uk/reviews/nikwax_polarproof.html

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Definitely out!

(Although I make sure the kids have all their layers tucked in. Can't believe how many girls I saw on the mountains in the snow last week with bare midriffs :shock:)

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Out of course, it's too rough to wear tucked in.....

Now, what's this WASH thing some of you mentioned? Mine doesn't seem to have one of them, some sort of accessory?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE