Rab Storm Bivi: Any owners here ?

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
Hi All,

I'm tempted by the weight and relatively low cost of the Rab Storm Bivi, I wondered if anyone here had bivvied out in the open in one ? ie sans tent and sans cover ?

Does the Hypalite Storm fabric have the strength to take the knocks, and the ability to keep out the rain ?

Cheers, Richie :)

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I have the storm bivi and I like it. Haven't really used it in anger but a couple of mild nights and it's been fine. Quite roomy and packs down to nothing so all in all a good bivi.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I have one which I've used pretty extensively, most recently on a trip, without tent or tarp to the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains. It kept the rain out fine and seems to have held up pretty well all in all but I have to admit that I sold my soul to the devil and now use a MLD bivvy instead. The Rab ones remain superb value for money though.

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
I have one which I've used pretty extensively, most recently on a trip, without tent or tarp to the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains. It kept the rain out fine and seems to have held up pretty well all in all but I have to admit that I sold my soul to the devil and now use a MLD bivvy instead. The Rab ones remain superb value for money though.

If you don't mind me asking, Which variant of the MLD bivvis are you using ?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If you don't mind me asking, Which variant of the MLD bivvis are you using ?

I have the eVent Soul bivvy. Fantastically light, wonderfully weatherproof and durable to boot: a truly excellent piece of kit. No affiliations, etc. just a happy customer!

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Blimey, I just had a look on their website and that does look good, I had better have a look in the piggy bank. Did you purchase it from a UK source or oreder it direct from the USofA ?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I got it direct from the US of A. I'm not sure whether they supply stockists as such since a lot of their kit is made to order. It was pricey, I did have to wait a while for it to be made and, yes, I did get stung (modestly) by HMRC when it crossed the herring pond but it has been worth every penny - or should that be cent?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE