R.M.C New Uniform

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Wow they look more like the Film Star's they all were and Still Are Now, as they Have there UP-Dated top spec New kit full term,
Fair Play Lads Glad to see they've Kept the Commando S.F Dagger.
Well Done and If it Bleeds you can, you know the rest

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Looks like it's got more green in it, which is good. And I believe they plan to issue ARs to everyone too.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Is this it?

uniforminfographic.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The real question is how do the actual Marines feel about them? Are they impressed with the new uniform’s functionality and image? Or do they feel it’s just a dog & pony show?

From my standpoint as an outsider it looks good but since I don’t know what the old one was like that’s an incomplete opinion at best.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
They've been carring the Canadian C8 Diemaco since 2016?

I presume thats what you mean or are they changing again?

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Wonder what ship they have lost to pay for it all. Can’t be cheap. Read somewhere they are merging the rank structure to match the Royal Navy which make sense.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I think that's the plan. You not a fan?
I’m absolutely a fan: for civilians. However ARs are the semi automatic civilian version rather than the full auto military M16 (which the ARs are patterned after) And even those have mostly been replaced by the M4 for the last couple of decades for military use.

All that said, one of the advantages of any of the weapons listed above is the nearly absolute interchangeability and availability of parts.

Last edited:

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I’m absolutely a fan: for civilians. However ARs are the semi automatic civilian version rather than the full auto military M16 (which the ARs are patterned after) And even those have mostly been replaced by the M4 for the last couple of decades for military use.

All that said, one of the advantages of any of the weapons listed above is the nearly absolute interchangeability and availability of parts.
The term AR has come to be associated with civilian versions but one of the originals, the AR18 is full auto. RM are getting the C8 which is a Canadian made M4

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE