R.I.P Aldi bench sander

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
I literally just broke my bench sander/ grinder from aldi (turns out they were not built to survive a three stry height fall)
I was on the verge of getting another anyway. So I was wondering what the best bench sander (belt linisher) is for your money ( i want to put the grind on knives with it). [probably looking to spend <£100 on it.

Thanks Ph34r

Last edited:

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
that does look very tempting...
yeah, i was sanding on the balcony (so the sandings would fall straight onto the garden, and my kittens decided it would be fun to knock it off!

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
These grinder aren't actually very powerful, I have stabbed my finger into a 60 grit belt running at full speed (by accident :)) and didn't get a scratch...They're very easy to stall also but still don't take is as an excuse not to express correct caution!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Take it back to the store, and when they ask what happened to it, just tell 'em that its a long storey...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE