R Cooper Bowie Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
hi, I'm selling off some of my draw queen knives,ie the ones that I don't plan on using.
This knife is a Vintage R Cooper Bowie,which is stamped R.Cooper Sheffield England,it has a stacked Leather Washer Handle with Brass Guard and a Metal Pommel.
I brought this knife of ebay about 3yrs ago,as I noticed it was like the knife suggested in the Book The New Way of the Wilderness by Calvin Rutstrum.I have never used it,but it has been used and sharpened,It's in Great condition,but does show signs of use and storage.
I'm asking for £35 with P&P
UK Buyers Only please,and all payments via PayPal as Gift.
Cheers
P10100032.jpg

P1010004.jpg

Last edited:

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I am actually really tempted by that. Reg used to make these in huge numbers and they were the standard scouts outdoor knife of the 70s and 80s, the bushy of their day...only cheaper.:)

I visited Reg a couple of weeks ago and now he only does big custom bowies, no more production work but then he is getting on.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i have one of these, however mines sheath is rotten and the blade had been sharpnd almost away so i gave it a refurb, now it looks like a flat ground puukko with a guard, excelent steel o1 i beleive and solidly made.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I'm throwing in a Hand Forged Native American Style Scalper knife,it's O1 forged steel,With an Antler Handle thats been Epoxied and Pinned to the Tang,the blade is 15cm Long and 3 Mill thick,it's 10 and a half inches long OAL,and comes with a RAWHIDE Sheath,that's the style of the Mountain Man/Native American's.
it's been sharpened,but not used
I'm asking for £60 for the R Cooper Bowie and this Scalper Knife including the P&P
P1010002.jpg

Last edited:

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
right then,I'm also putting this knife into the deal,So for £65 you get all three knives and P&P.
P1010001.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

it's a KATAR BOWIE KNIFE made in the UK,IN USED condition with a Raw-Hide Sheath with a thin Kydex Liner,that I made for it.THE BLADE IS 4 INCHES LONG AND IT'S 8 INCHES oal.
cheers

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
with the morning sun, and are great items.

I have been after these R Cooper Bowies for a while, and when I spotted them on BCUK, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Glad to have grabed them.

Thank you Forrest Fella - for fast shipping &l nice items all. Very well packed too. Great seller!!! Much appreciated.:You_Rock_

Spader.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Dang it! (possibly)

I saw a cooper knife just yesterday at the car boot!

But it was a dagger, after the style of the SS.

Naturaly I refused to have anything to do with it....but to a collector....

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I have a batch just like this on order with Reg at the moment, he hasn't made them for a few years mostly doing big fancy collectors Bowies but these were the standard bushcraft knife of the 60's 70's and 80's before we knew it was called bushcraft. I will be interested to see how they perform.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I used one for years until it became worn hollow (my sharpening technique has improved over the years!), the handle started falling apart and the sheath rotted (it was not stored well and was used for canoe trips amongst other things).
It now sports a mahogany handle and a home made sheath and is "semi-retired" but still gets the odd airing....

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
and they became super sharp. I think I will like them very much. :)

img_6949.jpg

Quite surprised by the smaller Katar Bowie - because it got sharper than Moras just by 10 minutes sharpening.

Scalper is lovely too - it has good weight and well balanced - will be great for coppicing too.

But R Cooper - I used to have 2 of these a few year ago. They used be shorter blade than this one - 4 and 5 inchers. This one is 6 incher, and I feel even better when holding it - there is some kind of solid quality in this. And I just love the looks and feel of it like seeing an old mate. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE