Knife nostalgia enquiry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
Here we go mate, I bought the new sheath for my Kangaroo Set from these guys last year
They make and sell the real deal so you can have exactly what you want (link below)
Cheers
JT

Thankyou Jon

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
You can buy one here
I have an account with A W Wright, they’re a great company to deal with but you must bear in mind that everything is made to order so you need to give them a good few weeks advance warning if you’re buying something as a gift for a specific date. The old stag handled scout knives turn up with such regularity that I don’t bother looking at them unless they’re in exceptional condition.

Reactions: airborne09

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
I have an account with A W Wright, they’re a great company to deal with but you must bear in mind that everything is made to order so you need to give them a good few weeks advance warning if you’re buying something as a gift for a specific date. The old stag handled scout knives turn up with such regularity that I don’t bother looking at them unless they’re in exceptional condition.
Where do you see the old stag handled whittlers turning up ?

Reactions: Ystranc

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
I do a lot of antique fairs around Wales and the midlands, I see lots of them, usually ex boyscouts.
Just a aside; Technically a whittler is a three bladed folding pocket knife where two smaller blades pivot from one end with a spring each while one thicker heavier blade pivots from the other end with both springs acting on it. Often they have what is called a Wharncliffe blade.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE