Quotes to live by

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So, what is your quote to live by?

Mine I think is Heinlein's

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand.

Apache proverb

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
An observation from Thoreau has always made me want to sing my song (metaphorically speaking, of course...:)):

“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them"

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Whilst planning 'Long way down', Ewan Mcgregor said something in the sense of: ''If were sure we would come back alive from this journey there would be no point in doing it.''
It always stuck by me.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am what I am - and that's all that I am."
Popeye the Sailor Man
Do not try to be what you are not!
Do not pretend to be what you are not!
Enjoy what you are!

Norton

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009
Glasgow
Carl Pilkington "if you're worrying about wrinkles on your b******s then your life is pretty good." He was talking to an American with a plastic surgery obsession at the time.

Nemesis

Jan 4, 2010
Surrey
Code:
Opened thread with glee, planning to submit mine to find that British Red had started with it! Love Heinleins quote.

my other (attributed to a number of different people) 'We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing'

Last edited:

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
You can take a horse to water, but if it doesn't drink you can make it wish it had.

And

Eat less, move more.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
"If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you!" :lmao:

On a more serious note "if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well" can't say I always do but I try :)!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE