Quick release Buckles for making para-cord bracelets ?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
where the best place to buy ''Quick release Buckles'' for making para-cord bracelets'' in the UK.
As a few of my mates have asked me to make them some and I don't have anymore .And the last lot I shipped from over the pond, And the Tax was steep.
cheers

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
He's another for you guys well I've got you, How safe are the U Shackles that you can get for the Bracelets, I'm abit worried about them being to strong and Me getting my arm caught, And due to the shackles and the breaking strain of the para-cord,I'd rip my wrist off.
That's why I tend to favour the Plastic Buckles.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
He's another for you guys well I've got you, How safe are the U Shackles that you can get for the Bracelets, I'm abit worried about them being to strong and Me getting my arm caught, And due to the shackles and the breaking strain of the para-cord,I'd rip my wrist off.
That's why I tend to favour the Plastic Buckles.

If you mean like the one in this pic then not at all safe if you get the wristband entangled.

Breaking strain on that is probably 500kg or more

$(KGrHqJHJCIFCCqCP!tPBQmGuWzb1Q~~60_12.JPG

Edit... it's actually double what I thought for a 5mm shackle. Info here

Last edited:

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Yeah that's what I'm mean, And yes I thought they looked abit on the strong side, I've never heard of this happening, but I'm not going tobe the first.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
My Bracelet Buckles just arrived and I've order the wrong width, That and I ordered a few of the Metal ''D'' Shackles to see what they where like, And I've answered my own question, Yes there abit on the Heavy duty side for what I wanted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE