Quick 'n dirty axe / torch belt loop

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I recently got a Borealis Torch and wanted to make a belt holder for it. I also wanted the option to carry my axe. My first attempt is quick 'n dirty with a copper rivet holding it all together and a couple of press studs to make it easy to put on and take off.

Only took about 10 minutes so I am pretty pleased with it. My future plan is to make one for the torch that includes a protective flap for the lens of the torch.

Borealis in holder

holder1.jpg

Axe in holder

holder2.jpg

and the holder showing its construction.

holder3.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
looks great John! - In fact i've been meaning to do the same for some time but havn't got round to it yet! :eek:

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I like it, very simple and usefull, How are you finding the torch? I really like the idea of purchasing one myself.

Simon.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I like the press studs - the one I made is a fixed loop which I have to slide onto my belt - time for a remake perhaps......

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Very clever John and nice torch aswell, have you tried shooting it yet with a .22 ?? :lmao:

You could even make the main holder strap with a buckle on it for adjustment

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Bit confused though the torch looks like a maglite? is it modified or something?

If you click the Borealis on the first post it will take you to the makers site. But in short yes it is modified ;) It now runs on nine AA rechargeable batteries in a custom made holder. These can be charged in situ. The bulb is non standard in a specially made holder and the switch is modified to provide less resistance. The front lens has been replaces with Pyrex to stand the heat and the reflector is made from aluminium to take the hear to.

Brightness wise it is unbelievable. It is the sort of torch that makes you giggle when you use it. The only downside is you must not use it for short bursts. 15 seconds or longer is recommended to allow the element of the bulb to get its full life.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE