quick drying shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
just for general travel, doesn't need to be camo, i take it poly cotton dries really quickly?
Steve

Relatively. But climate plays a big part on drying of any fabric. Where are you traveling? High humidity means longer drying time. In an arid climate almost anything dries well.

toptec

Sep 3, 2009
manchester
Mainly usa touring, overnight stops & move on the next day. Rucksack or holdall is all I want to take, traveling on a Motorcycle, so not a lot of carrying capacity. Planning on staying where ever I can, 2 weeks is all I can get from work. I realise this isn't a bushcraft adventure (so I'll go & wash my mouth out now) lol.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have been a big fan of the Craghoppers Nozi life shirts. Good hardwearing but nice and cool when its warm and dry quickly in our home climate. Long sleeve with button ups when rolled, also a double collar to protect your neck.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Mainly usa touring, overnight stops & move on the next day. Rucksack or holdall is all I want to take, traveling on a Motorcycle, so not a lot of carrying capacity. Planning on staying where ever I can, 2 weeks is all I can get from work. I realise this isn't a bushcraft adventure (so I'll go & wash my mouth out now) lol.

Ah. Well that helps (a bit) But the climate (specifically humidity) varies widely here. Can you be more specific as to what part of the country?

Also bear in mind that that motorcycles here (I take it you're renting one) might be a bit larger than you realize regarding what they can carry. A honda Gold Wing (the most common touring bike) is pretty big and can tow a small trailer. And an occassional stop at a motel will give you access to a coin operated laudramat with washers and dryers. I'm not certain but I think they're also available at most of the larger truch stops. I'll see If I can find links to the two biggest truck stop chains and be back here to post them for you.

Here's one: www.tatravelcenters.com It's to Travel Centers of America. A chain that caters to most travelers, including truckers. RVers, and motorists. They'll have food (restaurants) fuel, travel stores, etc. The link has locations and maps. Be back soon with the second one I hope.

Here we go: www.pilotflyingj.com/?ASP.default_aspx This one is for Pilot Truck Stops/Travel Centers. They're a different brand but offer similar facilities to TA.

You can probably download their locations into your GPS when you get here. Most GPS over here have such apps.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
By the way, I wouldn't reccomend polypro in the hotter regions; and they're ALL hot right now. (95f here today and the night temps are going to be in the mid 80s) Polypro's stiflingly hot and stinks to high heaven.

toptec

Sep 3, 2009
manchester
Thank's for the help so far, minnesota,north & south dakota, & nebraska, are penciled in at the moment. If I do hit a motel with no laundry facilities, I'd need to wash my gear in the sink & wear it next day, hopefully.....

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thank's for the help so far, minnesota,north & south dakota, & nebraska, are penciled in at the moment. If I do hit a motel with no laundry facilities, I'd need to wash my gear in the sink & wear it next day, hopefully.....

It should still dry fairly well in a motel room. The airconditioning removes a great deal of humidity, and to my knowledge those areas aren't especially humid (never been there though so take that comment with a grain of salt) you can google the weather there and check the relative humidity to get an idea.

Many campgrounds also have laundry facilities; especially those at state parks.

Here's a link to Nebraska Stae Parks: www.outdoornebraska.ne.gov/parks/guides/parksearch/findpark.asp

And here's one to Minnesota State Parks: www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/index.html

And one for SD State Parks: www.gfp.sd.gov/state-parks Follow the link to "facilities" for info on campgrounds.

Last edited:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I love my Meco base layer and plan to buy more of these products.
Meco is 73% Merino wool and 35% Cocona (coconut husk). It dries 50% quicker than Merino!

There should be a number of products out there by now but here's one.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I love my Meco base layer and plan to buy more of these products.
Meco is 73% Merino wool and 35% Cocona (coconut husk). It dries 50% quicker than Merino!

There should be a number of products out there by now but here's one.

That'll be way, way, way too hot for the US in Summer. Stick to cotton; and short sleeves except when riding. Bring lots (LOTs!!!) of sunscreen (SPF 30 or above) and insect repellant. Or better yet, buy it here as you need it rather than pack it.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I love my mountain warehouse tech shirts, keep you cool when warm,warm when cold. When wet they are virtually waterproof in so much as you can shake the water out of them and they dry on a chair in a couple of hours. You can wear them dry dead quick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE