Question for jetboil owners

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I need a cannister stand for my gas stove and have seen the jetboil stand for sale at a reasonable price,so,what I need to know is which cannister and what size do you use with your jetboils,and how secure does it fit to the cannister.I have had an armolife stand and it doesn't fit any cannisters that I can find,hopefuly you can help me out

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Sapper, if it's the Jetboil stabilizer you've seen it fits both 100g and 230g cartridges. It keeps the cartridge nice and stable as you would expect although the cartridge can spin with the stabilizer staying nice and still on the ground (if you know what I mean).
Marc

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I've only got a limited number of canisters here to try :

Primus Power Gas 230g / GoSystem Gas Powersource 125g both fit but can turn in the stand. However, folding the legs slightly towards the closed position (I'm assuming you mean the 3-legged triangular stand?) grips the cannister tightly.

Coleman 250g 70/30 mix cannister does not fit without forcing it in

There does seem to be some variance between different manufacturers for a given 'weight' of cannister - strangely, I have a set of Primus folding legs which takes 3 sizes of cannister but NOT the Primus Power Gas 230g Cannister!

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
To be honest I just use the 250 or 500 size canisters and put it on a level surface, or just walk round with it in my hand. No dramas so far.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
That's fine for the jetboil (done it myself) but I think Sapper1 wants to use the legs with a different stove ;)

Correct,I need one that fits tightly.All the ones I've seen so far don't hold the canister at all,they just sit loosely on the stand.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Correct,I need one that fits tightly.All the ones I've seen so far don't hold the canister at all,they just sit loosely on the stand.

The 2 that I've seen with a central pivot both seem to work with some cans and not others as there is such a variance on sizes by different manufacturers...

The jetboil one - because each leg pivots on the point of a triangle - can take up the slack by folding the legs slightly. (would probably make more sense if you saw it!) But again, would work with some cans and not others.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE