question about Samsung NX3000 (has it died?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Does anyone else use a samsung NX3000? I've had mine for 8 maybe 9 years, not sure? and its done many thousands of shots and hours of video, and I love using it, punches way above its size and weight.
However....sadly its started to play up. When in manual mode, and I try to alter the shutter speed by turning jog wheel anti clockwise, the camera has a mind of its own and insists on moving the opposite way and taking me to 1/4000th, which isnt always very useful....same thing with ISO and f stops. Is it the end of the line for a very much loved camera?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
One of the things that they never tell you about integrated circuit chips is that they do "age." Every time you turn them on or off, metal atoms actually migrate.

I used a technique for electron microscopy many years ago where you could watch this happen. We were told to take lots of pictures on the first examination. The next few times, we looked at the Pt/Pd foil replica specimens, you could watch the thing getting more and more grainy from what had been smoothly gray at the start. Like only three or four irradiations.

So yes, I will hoist a toast tonight to your camera. Going to be a hell of thing to replace, methinks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE