Question about British army 45L patrol rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They're both exactly the same pack, Zheng, and very good they are too, I wouldn't be without mine. And £40 all-in is as cheap as chips for one. The first one I had lasted me a long long time and was used to carry heavy and wet stuff for many hard miles, never let me down. I've recently bought a new one to keep a little cleaner and it's by far the best pack of this size I've ever used, and that's 50 yrs. of reeving about...........

Do yourself a good turn and grab one now!....................................atb mac

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Blimey, £25 is a damn good price (postage is a bit steep tho'?) i paid £40 for mine used. Great pack especially with the option of zipping side pouches on it, although i've never managed to find side pouches in desert cam for mine!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
As far as I can make out, the desert side pockets were only issued to medics and are are as rare as rocking horse poo; I just use the ones from my LA sting or some OG issue ones. As you'll be able to tell from this I don't much care about how it all looks, this is very little money for top-notch kit in my view and nice as it would be to have it all in OG, have you seen the price of the civvy version? No Thanks!.............atb mac

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi Zheng,

MTP is the new cammo, so still a bit rare. The last time you came over, when my son was on leave he had one up stairs, he's home again(last time before Afghan in october)but he has'nt got it with him this time.
I've got a highlander 44 with attached side pockets, that you can take away with you & try out next time you are over.

Rob

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Nice bags, however the lack of any real hip belt is the only downside for me. Owned a Desert DPM for a year and rated it aside from that. Can't fault the construction.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
excellent bit of kit...I remember being issued one of the original ones years ago and it was the bees knees...can't go wrong at that price..postage is steep but absolutely no difference what so ever between the two as previously stated..!

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That does look like a nice pack. I have a frame and thinking of getting a pack to strap to it, does anyone know if the shoulder straps are easily attachable / dettachable?

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Hi Zheng,

MTP is the new cammo, so still a bit rare. The last time you came over, when my son was on leave he had one up stairs, he's home again(last time before Afghan in october)but he has'nt got it with him this time.
I've got a highlander 44 with attached side pockets, that you can take away with you & try out next time you are over.

Rob

Thank you Rob. I have bought the bag and I'd like to have a look of your highlander 44 as well. Hope we can have a bushcraft day in Oct.

Zheng

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
The only reason it is cheaper is that Desert colours are not considered woodlandy enough for some. People get very hung up on colour and OG and Khak/\coyotei are king with army camo coming a distant third. Desert seems to come at only one step above civvy coloured gear. This is all very silly and really should be ignored.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Sounds good Zheng, i look forward to seeing you. You've got a good buy on that pack, it should carry everything you need & a bit more !.

Rob

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
I really want one of these bags but there like £80 on ebay, any ideas whos has stock at a surplus that may be cheaper, not bothered by colour. thanks in advance

Johno76

Jan 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Any load carrying equipment that were previously issued in DPM or desert cam that are now being manufactured in MTP are more expensive, just because MTP is the new pattern, there will be no difference in material, construction or durability. Give it a while and the price will come down for MTP once the novelty wears off...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE