Pyrography Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Hi,

I'm looking to get a basic pyrography tool to add a bit of decoration to my spoons etc.

I've had a look on eBay and kits seem to range from about £5 to £150! Since I have never used one of these gadgets before, could anyone offer any advice on what I should go for? I don't want to spend a fortune unnecessarily but equally I don't want to waste good money on a pile of whatsit.

Help please!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
This might be as successful as asking "which is the best glue?"

1. Take a long look at the body of work done by Lora Irish (has 1+ sites). She's made a career out of pyrography.
She's forgotten more about pyrography than most people will ever learn. Send her a PM. Very approachable.

2. The rustic furniture and carving shop down my street is running two _complete_ sets of double pen
RazrTip pyrographic tools. Made in Canada, top class.

3. The tips burn out, the pen bodies get too hot to hold, some have temp/power control, some are ON/OFF.
4. Seems to me that the very hardest thing to learn to do is a line of uniform width.
= = = =
Buy something not too expensive. That way, you should learn what the issues and questions really are.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I have this one, http://www.axminster.co.uk/weller-w...5eAN05cg5w-KCXG5h6-CVJay2_t-hQLAJAaAoCi8P8HAQ seems to be okay for the few bits I do.

dragon%20003.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pyro%20013.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pyro%20014.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE