Putting an extra twist in axe mask plait

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Anyone know how to put an extra twist in this plait to get it a little tighter to the blade? It’s gotta be easy, but I can’t do it. Many thanks in advance. I took the axe out to give it some beeswax and lindseed, a good sharpen etc and haven’t done anything apart from ponder the mask. :)

D7CBFE56-1168-4187-A6CE-548D8E110068.jpeg2742A951-7C0B-458F-BEF2-6CCF5E1E0EAA.jpeg

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
as soon as I saw the picture of the braided strap I knew the text would say that it was loose. Of course it was loose, those braids almost double in length when stretched out! :lmao: Not the right thing to put on a retaining strap!

Even if you are able to re-plait it, it will never be tighter than you started (more likely to be looser actually). You might be able to tighten a little by moving the rivet on the mask to strap connection, if there is space, but it will leave a hole. The only way you will get a tighter strap is to remove it and put a new one on, made from a solid strip this time ;)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cheers guys. I’ll try and get an extra twist in it from the vid, I like the mask, it was made by TopKnot on here who hasn’t been about much recently. It’s a nice thing, I’d like to preserve it as the axe doesn’t go out much, it sits in the fireplace looking pretty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE