Putting a little 'bushcraft' in your day

• Thread starter Deleted member 4605
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i try to put a little bushcraft into my days, be it looking at trees as i go past on the school bus and trying to id them, watching the birds in my garden or lighting a fire in our chimnea
leon

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Besides plan and tree ID which im poor at i like to leave a bit of cordage material in the car for stationary traffic and have a play......

Also stops you jumping out the car and killin that sales rep who just cut you up :eek:

ady05

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
kings lynn, norfolk
as it has been a bit grim today my son and i sat on the back door step and made a brew using a pepsi can meths burner we had made (first one and was well surprised with it)
:lmao:

Floyd Soul

Forager
Jul 31, 2006
The woods, Ireland.
I'm the same with the tree ID thing. I could list off every single tree in a ten mile radius :lmao: My favourite is the hawthorn with pink flowers. Not long to wait for it now!

Also when in work, I make lists of equipment to bring when I head out overnight.

I'd like to try the cordage one tho. Maybe get a pocket book and learn all my knots off.

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I chop some logs and kindling for the stove every day, and then my son likes to practice his firelighting skills in the evening when we light it.
At lunchtlime I have a "knife moment" and like to peel my apple or orange in one continuous spiral of peeling. Obsessive Compulsive behaviour I know :D
cheers,
Doug.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I always carry a shoe lace in my coat pocket. Bushcrafty. Honest. I might need it for cordage any time.

BCUK does count. So!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE