Put sheath on belt without undoing belt - ideas wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
On the other hand, could you not sew a short but stout leather strap to an appropriate position on the belt? , with a holdfast arrangement, ( buckle or Sam Brown stud), to secure t'other end .
Just slot the strap directly through the sheath, or the axe frog , no hooks ,Carra's, danglers or loops.
Ceeg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The Gerber Mark II and it’s clones come with a sheath with a belt clip. I haven’t seen it on o their style knives but there’s no reason you couldn’t DIY one.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I do like my TBS Boar sheath. And since I bought I only wore it vertically once, the first time. I got used to carrying it horizontally on my belt

All, thanks for all the tips and advice. In the end I realised that keeping it simple actually works best.

I've used a small black krab that is the perfect width at the small end for the belt loop on my trousers and for the TBS sheath at the other. It sits perfectly, I tried it today. And more importantly I achieve my goal of being able to easy put on and remove without having to mess around with taking my belt off.

Thanks again all.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

Last edited:
Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE