Put sheath on belt without undoing belt - ideas wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Has anyone got any neat ways of doing this - preferably without using a dangler attachment.

I'm thinking two pieces of leather riveted together in a kind of + shape. So one band will wrap around the belt and the other will wrap through the belt loop of the sheatth.

Ideally would like to be able to keep these attached to belt permanently so I can add remove accessories - axe holder, knife sheath, saw pouch as required.

I'd love to hear off anyone that has managed to buy or diy a similar system.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Have a look at bayonet frogs on the old sam browne belts, you might be able to design a couple of frogs that will accept various scabbards, the knife and saw scabbard could be similar with the same attachment mechanism to be interchangeable. If you have two loops in a V shape with a hole at the bottom to guide the scabbard to would stop the scabbard waving about.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Or the finnish way. A hook.

Show

Reactions: MrEd
I've been looking at a Tek Lok, I see how that could work potentially with some innovative mounting method for the sheath i.e. drill holes though it!

@crosslandkelly and others am trying to avoid the dangler idea. Don't think it would works so well with my TBS sheath which has the ferro/dc3 attachmemt.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Tek loks do work but have a mind to where the knife will sit. Every tek lok sheath I've tried sat way too high for my tastes.

How about poppers on a standard fold over loop style sheath?

Reactions: Onelifeoverland
Tek loks do work but have a mind to where the knife will sit. Every tek lok sheath I've tried sat way too high for my tastes.

How about poppers on a standard fold over loop style sheath?
With the Tek Lok. I was thinking more that it might become a permanent addition to the sheath rather than the belt - and I wouldn't be using a Tek Lok sheath. Hard to explain here but have ordered the Tek Lok and will post pictures here when it arrives and I've tried out my idea.

Poppers on a fold over would work well but would need some sort of backup. I'd be worried that squeezing through some brush would pull the poppers and I'd lose the lot.

But ideally I would prefer something that permanently lives on the belt that the sheath loop would just slide into but without it becoming a dangler - tricky ask I know.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
What about turn buttons? they're very secure and you can put them pretty much anywhere.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Many of the phone holders have a belt clip and then a leather flap sewn underneath with a press stud at the top.
the belt clip slides over the top of the belt and the leather flap goes behind the belt and secures with the press stud stopping the pouch popping off the top.
Works well.

John G

Apr 18, 2020
Colchester
I had a problem caused by the high ride position of the TBS sheath so needed a dangler to lower it. A by product of fitting a snap fit dangler was very easy attachment or removal of the sheath and it rides well even with the accessory pouch fitted (with firesteel + tin of livefire). Don’t know if this helps.

I had a problem caused by the high ride position of the TBS sheath so needed a dangler to lower it. A by product of fitting a snap fit dangler was very easy attachment or removal of the sheath and it rides well even with the accessory pouch fitted (with firesteel + tin of livefire). Don’t know if this helps.
Hmmm maybe it's a case of not completely discounting something until I've tried it.

Thanks.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE