Projects/Skills I hope to complete this year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Due to being almost completely housebound due to ill health I hope to gain the skills to complete several projects this year,they are as follows:
Leather axe mask
New sheath with steel holder for my Eka Nordic
Leather Belt
Leather Pouch for Fire Starter Kit
I was given a neck knife blade some time ago so hope to complete this and make a sheath for it
And last but not least make myself a Wool Bushshirt with hood , this I think will be the easiest project as I have made clothing in the past , but I have no leather working experience at all.

Sum help would much appreciated , could you please suggest what tools I would require to complete the leather projects and would 3mm veg tan be the ideal leather

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Leather work is a great indoors bushCRAFT skill.

I pick my leather in person at a place in Knutsford. But places like Leprevo will sort you out.
Have a good look for threads about leather-working on here, lots of great advice. Starting out sewing thin reclaimed leather is nice enough but it does not work like the proper stuff such as veg or chrome tanned. Most tools can be improvised but the proper tools are pretty cheap and well worth investing in. Such as a stitch groove, edge beveller, stitch wheel. Plus good quality needles and waxed linen thread.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Good luck with all that! Just shows you don't have to be outside to be bushy!:)

Hope the health improves.

I never finish projects , and its terrible.
My current projects are to finish a knife, reprofile an axe, and make a biscuit tin guitar.
Made a cigar box guitar last year - brilliant! Go for it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE