Project made for friend (Leather work)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I just finished a new book for a friend, She wanted gold binding, And a simple decoration to mark it as hers. So I punched in a chevroned B

The paper is serrated for easy removal if it should be necessary though not too many should be removed.

This type of note book binding IMO is one of the best available, the leather is strong, the pages loose, and no glue to rot away in time, the spine is very tough etc......

It's in A6 for pocketability and stores 160 pages which can even be printed as for diary etc, She wanted plain though.

I have been using books like these for years now.

Heres is a collage of the finished project .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You took the words right out of my mouth LF :)

I do like your work, 8thSinner, it's a really beautiful gift too.

I made nettle paper in the Summer, and I've been looking for some way to use it; wonder if nettle cordage would look as neat? Gonna play :D
Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
Toddy

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
very nice! - I assume the crossed 'cord' at the spine is what holds the paper in!

what do you use to punch the holes / create the perforation (love the perforation idea! btw) :D

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
As much as I would like to say I have an easy system to make it perforated myself, I can't.
I buy my paper ready to go, I can't afford the tools to do it myself yet.
You can get mechanical systems to do it from good stationary manufactureers, as is the same for the Punching the sides.

The reason I wanted to use perforated paper is simple, Every now and again I would need loose paper from my own and got really sick of having to get out my knife usually in public to do so.

And yes it is beautifull isn't it. It's probably one of my best pieces to date. I know I took twice as long to do this as it would have taken for one for myself.

Thanks for the compliments, but the reward is going to be her facial expression upon opening it later tonight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE