Probably the wierdest sale I've put up yet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I got some shears a few years ago with the intention of making knives out of them.
Something like this

SheepShearKnife.jpg

OK, so I never got round to it - now't new there!

I have four pairs of brand new sheep shears (German made). So that'll make eight knives. Historical records show that these were popular in the North American fur trade in the nineteenth century.

Anyway, they'll have to go so I'm offering them here.

sm-shears.jpg

Alternatively you could always use them to shear sheep.

Asking £8 each plus £2 P+P (Paypal only please)
(Or all 4 for £25)

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Are the blades welded on to the tangs Eric? also what are the dimentions please?

No, they are all one piece. The blades are folded where they meet the tang.

Size is 6" blade and 3 1/2" tang up to the spring. They would need to be re-done in a fire to make a decent knife though. The tang gets cut off next to the spring, then heated and spread out a bit, a couple of holes drilled in the top before the handle will fit. The blade will reprofile easily enough then harden and temper as normal.

Last edited:

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I had to clip 40 sheep once with these kind of sheers. Without a doubt the most bloody awfully hard work I have ever done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE