Preston Bushcraft Group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aiden _Cub

Dec 16, 2010
Preston, Lancashire
hi guys,

i was just wondering how many people would be interested in a bushcraft club/group in preston? regular pub meets to talk about stuff n show and tell projects, make friends etc, and also group trips etc could be organised, courses etc.

thinking of maybe getting the ball rolling on this but would like to put it out there and see how many people would be interested and attend if i were to set this up?

thanks,
Aiden

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
This thread has not lost impetus and is moving forward on another forum. So there is hope that Lancs bushcrafters might actually get together - finally.

Aiden_cub has ignited an ember, time to blow it into a flame.

The interest has been from a much wider audience than just Preston. Deciding on a day and venue is still under discussion but things are moving forward. I don't want to highjack his thread so I'll let him bring you up to date with the news.

Let's hope that, finally, we will be able to get together and collectively discuss, and do (by getting out of the pub and into the woods), what we all love.

ATB

GM

Aiden _Cub

Dec 16, 2010
Preston, Lancashire
It's official! the Preston Bushcraft Group will be meeting on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month. the first meeting will take place on Monday 21st January from 7pm in the Black Horse Pub in Preston! if you need directions have a look at their website http://www.blackhorse-preston.co.uk
i have also set up a facebook group to keep an update on it so feel free to join: http://www.facebook.com/groups/322558077860585/
hope to see many of you there :)

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Count me in.. I'm glad after all the different discussions and threads that we will finally meet up as a group.. Look forward to seeing you all there :)

_Geraint_

Feb 8, 2008
Lancashire
Could have picked somewhere with places to park. :p I should be able to make it. I doubt I'll be able to make it fortnightly though, perhaps if one of the meets was just to have a mooch around a woodland and the other could be the pub.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Discussion on another forum have suggested the Brown Cow pub in Chatburn, where there is a free function room (and allegedly free chips) - all those in favour say 'Aye'. Or come up with a better alternative.

Personally I just see meeting in a pub as a spingboard for getting out in the woods and doing the real thing, but an interchange of ideas and knowledge, shared over a pint (and free chips) is not to be sneered at. It may be all that some can manage, due to personal circumstances, at this stage - no problem. Just meeting like-minded people in the area will be a pleasure in itself.

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE