Prepping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Be careful with bottled water, some is not as 'clean' as tap water.

Very true. Tap water has to be tested at every step of its processing, and it is tested for around 80 - 90 different substances.

Bottled 'mineral water' need only be tested for 13 chemicals and bacteria, and can be tested whenever it suits the 'manufacturer'. 'Spring water' is even less rigorous, and can be sold without any analysis being done at all. I saw some results of research done at Aberystwyth university on bottled water that I thought were pretty worrying.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I think BR got it spot on though, it is a little bit of everything so could go under countless names.

Pretty much what I said in post #15.

I really wish I'd hit the "unsubcribe from thread" button straight afterwards instead of getting sucked into arguing it.

and taking a positive forward view of the future by taking control.

That's completely the wrong way round, it's working from the outside in.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
Pretty much what I said in post #15.

I really wish I'd hit the "unsubcribe from thread" button straight afterwards instead of getting sucked into arguing it.

Sorry Swallow, I am not arguing with you or intended to drag you into one. I apologise if that was the impression I gave.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I don't really understand what you mean by "working from the outside in"?

Sorry Red, I don't have the energy to answer that particular question at this particular time. At least not any sort of answer a genuine question deserves.

Sorry Swallow, I am not arguing with you or intended to drag you into one. I apologise if that was the impression I gave.

You didn't give that impression at all, I just realised from your post how most of my posts were a complete waste of time, which would probably have been better spent on .........."prepping" by chatting up Ms. Swift.

It's funny how on the activities that are most important to us we don't seem to fixate on the prepping but more where the prepping will take us.

Maybe that is just me.

...and maybe that's why prepping seems like such a bonkers term to me. I like my preparation to take me somewhere. :naughty:

My focus is on where the activity will take me, after all, how would I know what to prepare unless I knew where I wanted to get out of that preparation?

That's why the re badge from Survival to Prepping make no sense to me all.

franglais

Tenderfoot
Jun 4, 2013
France
It seems people are obsessing too much over the name rather the activity, I can see nothing wrong in being prepared, if you have the means to stockpile a years supply of food and water, why not? along with skills such as field craft, agriculture/horticulture and medicine it seems the most logical way of looking after your family in an emergency. As the saying goes, we are only two meals away from anarchy.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I just saw this and these and I though I would share them on here as it can be interesting to see something in a different context

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...n-make-or-break-your-career?trk=mp-details-rc

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...-embrace-the-f-word-failure?trk=mp-details-rc

Both good reads and I loved the one about failure. As from my own example I experienced, that changing the path you're on is never easy. And the ideas you had and the principles you wanted to work in your ventures does quite often FAIL, but hey, it's the overcoming the failures that actually pushes me on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE